Shopping Cart ( 0 )Shopping cart is empty
Shopping cart is empty
Fresh wasabi - what is it?
It is a spice prepared from a grated root of a plant called wasabi (Wasabia japonica). Wasabi is considered to be a cabbage plant.
For hundreds of years wasabi was used as a germicide and fungicide. It has many other properties, e.g.
- stimulates the secretion of digestive juices
- cleanses the body of toxins
- contains dietary fiber, hence the condiment is considered an effective remedy for constipation
- shows the ability to neutralize certain strains of bacteria, viruses and fungi responsible for stomach ulcers
- the use of wasabi also facilitates breathing, helps clean the airways, clears the nose and sinuses
- in the wasabi you can also find nearly twenty different types of isothiocyanates and these are able to inhibit the growth of tumors
- it is rich in vitamin C, provitamin A, potassium, sodium and magnesium